- Our Organization
- Visiting the Libraries
- Libraries & Collections
- Issues & Advocacy
- Contact Information
- Giving to the Libraries
All eligible students may apply for student jobs at the University Libraries. Student employees receive an hourly wage.
- Student is currently enrolled at UA, ASU, NAU or Pima Community College with the primary goal of achieving a degree
- During the fall and spring semesters, student must be enrolled for one or more units continually
- For summer or winter session, student must be enrolled in the current session (at the time of hire), or must have attended the previous semester, and be pre-registered for the following semester
- Students new to the UA or ineligible for the previous semester must be attending classes at the time of hire
- Students may only work student positions and are disqualified from applying for Regular or Temporary positions with the University Libraries
- Most open positions will be posted on UA Career Services under Wildcat Joblink. Check often for new positions.
- Other positions, such as book reshelvers, are often available but not posted. Turnover is frequent and there are peak times of activity, so we encourage you to apply at any time during the year.
- The Libraries' Human Resources staff do not coordinate student recruitment and hiring so we do not know what General Student Positions are posted.
How to Apply
- If you are responding to a posting at Wildcat Joblink apply as directed. Some postings request you apply online at the website; some postings request you email your application materials.
- If no posting is known or for general student employment, print out the UAL Student Employee Application Form (a 3-page application form in pdf); (access requires Adobe Acrobat reader).
- Fill out all of the requested information. Include the sheet specifying when you are available. Make a copy for yourself so you can submit it again, if desired.
- A resume and letter of interest are advised if
- You want to highlight specific experience or skills (such as graphics, website or software skills), or have a special interest or prefer a certain type of position (such as clerical, IT)
- You want to speed up the process of getting someone interested in you as a qualified applicant
- Staple the pages together.
- Submit your application packet any day of the week/any time, to the any of the library service desks (Main, Special Collections, Science-Engineering, Fine Arts). If you want a job at either the Law or Health Sciences Libraries, you’ll need to apply to them separately.
- Our follow-up process: We can only promise we will contact you if we are interested in interviewing you. We do not know where your application is in any given recruitment process.
Last modified: April 23, 2013