Our Mission, Vision, and Principles
The University of Arizona Libraries advance the University's mission through the active contributions of knowledgeable staff who choose cost effective methods of acquiring, curating, managing, and connecting customers to information services and resources and providing education in their use.
The University of Arizona Libraries are a vital and exciting entry to a world of discovery and creativity for individuals and communities of scholars. We provide unlimited access to information in a customer-centered environment where traditional and emerging information services converge.
I. Customer Focus
- We actively seek to identify, meet, and exceed customer wants and needs.
- We welcome, guide, and support customers, both internal and external, with attention and respect.
- We create and sustain partnerships.
- We provide access to information in its most useful form.
II. Continuous Improvement and Learning
Quality and continuous learning are woven into the whole fabric of the organization.
- We provide an environment for learning and growth.
- We strive to exceed our expectations, raise our standards, and challenge ourselves.
- Incorporates: risk-taking, teamwork, excellence, efficiency, staff development, and meaningful work.
- We value, respect, and are strengthened by viewpoints and experiences outside the dominant culture.
- We strive to build a multi-cultural organization.
- We honor our commitments by doing what we say.
- We hold ourselves and each other accountable and behave in a consistently ethical and responsible manner.
- We support freedom of information and academic freedom.
- Incorporates: respect, ethical practice, trust, and honesty.
- We respect varying approaches to effective problem solving and meeting customer needs.
- We value and support collaboration, teamwork, and other creative methods as a basis for making decisions and developing programs.
Last modified: April 3, 2013