Our Mission, Vision, and Principles
University of Arizona Libraries is an enterprising partner in advancing the University's priorities. We cultivate an environment that promotes inquiry, creative endeavor, scholarly communication and lifelong leaning. Our resources, services and expertise enrich the lives of Arizonans, and contribute to an expanding global academic community.
The Libraries are the intellectual crossroads of the University, enabling innovative interdisciplinary research, scholarship and creative endeavor.
I. Customer Focus
- We actively seek to identify, meet, and exceed customer wants and needs.
- We welcome, guide, and support customers, both internal and external, with attention and respect.
- We create and sustain partnerships.
- We provide access to information in its most useful form.
II. Continuous Improvement and Learning
Quality and continuous learning are woven into the whole fabric of the organization.
- We provide an environment for learning and growth.
- We strive to exceed our expectations, raise our standards, and challenge ourselves.
- Incorporates: risk-taking, teamwork, excellence, efficiency, staff development, and meaningful work.
- We value, respect, and are strengthened by viewpoints and experiences outside the dominant culture.
- We strive to build a multi-cultural organization.
- We honor our commitments by doing what we say.
- We hold ourselves and each other accountable and behave in a consistently ethical and responsible manner.
- We support freedom of information and academic freedom.
- Incorporates: respect, ethical practice, trust, and honesty.
- We respect varying approaches to effective problem solving and meeting customer needs.
- We value and support collaboration, teamwork, and other creative methods as a basis for making decisions and developing programs.
Last modified: November 17, 2014