In this tutorial, you will learn how to locate resources using Children's Literature Comprehensive Database (CLCD).
CLCD provides reliable access to important and relevant information about PreK-12 media.
If you are off-campus, you might be required to login with your netID.
1. Type the words single mother into the search box. Do not click Search yet!
2. Under Word search criteria select exact phrase.
3. Under Reader and Genre, set the Reader's Age range from 6 to 10.
4. Click Search.
How many items are returned in this search?
What does a blue talk bubble image underneath an item indicate?
From the results page, select the item: Sing a song of tuna fish:hard-to-swallow stories from fifth grade.
Under Reading Measurement Programs, what is the Lexile Measure assigned to this item?
Click the Back to Search Results link at the top left of the screen.
1. In the Criteria box on the left, click on: Special Search Qualifiers
2. Under Awards/Honors, select Books that have won Awards & Honors.
3. Click Search.
How many items are returned after modifying your search?
Congratulations! You have completed the Children's Literature Comprehensive Database tutorial.
You have learned how to:
To access this database from the UA Libraries' home page, click on Find Materials > Research Databases > Find databases by title (C) > Children's Literature Comprehensive Database.
Please enter your name and email address to retrieve a copy of your completed quiz.
You can enter multiple email addresses separated by commas. If you are doing this for a class, you may need to enter your instructor's email address also.