How to navigate the site
Use the horizontal menu above (just below The New Deal in Arizona graphic) to access all the pages in the New Deal site.
How to get the map
Click on the word Map in the horizontal menu above or click here.
How to print the map
Download the high resolution map and use your browser menu to print the graphic.
- National New Deal Preservation Association
- New Deal/WPA Art in Arizona
- Civilian Conservation Corps Legacy
- The Forest Service and the Civilian Conservation Corps: 1933-42
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum: Photographs of the Great Depression and the New Deal
- Smithsonian Art Museum Exhibit: 1934: A New Deal for Artists
- Arizona Memory Project
- The Civilian Conservation Corps and the National Park Service, 1933-1942: An Administrative History
- Social Security Pioneers: Frances Perkins
- Alter, Jonathan. The Defining Moment: FDR's Hundred Days and the Triumph of Hope. New York: Simon & Schuster, 2006.
- Bauman, John F. and Thomas H. Coode. In the Eye of the Great Depression: New Deal Reporters and the Agony of the American People. DeKalb: Northern Illinois University Press, 1988.
- Cohen, Adam. Nothing to Fear, FDR's Inner Circle and the Hundred Days that Created Modern America. The Penguin Press, 2009
- Collins, William S. The New Deal in Arizona. Phoenix AZ: Arizona State Parks Board, 1999.
- Cornebise, Alfred Emile. The CCC Chronicles: Camp Newspapers of the Civilian Conservation Corps, 1933-1942. Jefferson, N.C.; London: McFarland & Co., 2004.
- Dickson, Paul and Thomas B. Allen. The Bonus Army: An American Epic. New York, New York: Walker Publishing Co., 2005.
- Downey, Kirstin. The Woman behind the New Deal: the Life of Frances Perkins, FDR's Secretary of Labor and His Moral Conscience. Nan A. Talese, 2009.
- Eliot, Thomas H. and John Kenneth Galbraith (Editors). Recollections of the New Deal: When the People Mattered. Boston: Northeastern University Press, 1992.
- Fahlman, Betsy. New Deal Art in Arizona. Tucson, AZ: University of Arizona Press, 2009.
- Feldman, Noah. Scorpions: The Battles and Triumphs of FDR's Great Supreme Court Justices. New York, New York: Twelve, Hachette Book Group, 2010.
- Flynn, Kathryn and Richard Polese. The New Deal: A 75th Anniversary Celebration. Gibbs Smith, 2008.
- Forrest, Suzanne. The Preservation of the Village: New Mexico's Hispanics and the New Deal. Albuquerque: University of New Mexico Press, 1989.
- Hinton, Wayne K. with Green, Elizabeth. With Picks, Shovels & Hope. Mountain Press Publishing Company, 2008
- Hirsch, Jerrold. Portrait of America: A Cultural History of the Federal Writers' Project. Chapel Hill, S.C.: University of North Carolina Press, c2003.
- Kennedy, David M. Freedom from Fear: The American People in Depression and War, 1929-1945. Oxford University Press, 2001.
- Lasser, William. Benjamin V. Cohen: Architect of the New Deal. New Haven CN: Yale University Press, 2002
- Leighninger, Robert D., Jr. Long-Range Public Investment: The Forgotten Legacy of the New Deal. Columbia: University of South Carolina Press, 2007.
- McElvaine, Robert S. The Depression and New Deal: A History in Documents. Oxford University Press, 2000.
- McLerren, Jennifer. A New Deal for Native Art: Indian arts and Federal Policy: 1933-1943.University of Arizona Press, 2009
- Melzer, Richard. Coming of Age in the Great Depression: The Civilian Conservation Corps Experience in New Mexico, 1933-1942. Las Cruces, NM: Yucca Tree Press, 2000.
- Miller, Kristie. Isabella Greenway: An Enterprising Woman. Tucson AZ: University of Arizona Press, 2004.
- Moore, Robert J. The Civilian Conservation Corps in Arizona's Rim Country: Working in the Woods. Reno, NV: University of Nevada Press, c2006
- Paige, John C. The Civilian Conservation Corps and the National Park Service, 1933-1942: An Administrative History. National Park Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior, 1985.
- Parman, Donald L. Navajos and the New Deal. Yale, 1976
- Purvis, Louis Lester. The Ace in the Hole: A Brief History of Company 818 of the Civilian Conservation Corps. Columbus, Ga.: Brentwood Christian Press, c1989.
- Rozell, Mark J. and William D. Pederson (editors). FDR and the Modern Presidency: Leadership and Legacy. Westport, Conn: Praeger, 1997
- Salmond. John A. The Civilian Conservation Corps, 1933-1942: A New Deal Case Study. Durham, N.C., Duke University Press, 1967.
- Schlesinger Jr., Arthur M. The Coming of the New Deal, 1933-1945. Mariner Books, 2003
- Shlaes, Amity. The Forgotten Man, A New History of the Great Depression. New York, New York: HarperCollins Publishers, 2007.
- Taylor, David. Soul of a People, The WPA Writers' Project Uncovers Depression America. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2009
- Taylor, Nick. The Enduring Legacy of the WPA, American-Made, When FDR Put the Nation to Work. Bantam Books, 2008
- Weisiger, Marsha L. Land of Plenty: Oklahomans in the Cotton Fields of Arizona, 1933-1942. University of Oklahoma Press, 1995.
- White, John Franklin (Editor). Art in Action: American Art Centers and the New Deal. Metuchen, N.J.: Scarecrow Press, 1987.
New Deal in Arizona and its authors assume no responsibility for any consequence relating directly or indirectly to any action or inaction that you take or fail to take based on the information, services or other material on this document. While the authors strive to keep the information on this document accurate, complete and up-to-date, they cannot guarantee, and will not be responsible for any damage or loss related to, the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information. Your use of the information in this website is at your sole risk. The inofrmation is provided on an "as is," basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall New Deal in Arizona or anyone else involved in creating, producing or distributing the map, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or inability to use, the map.