Finding Technical Reports - AEC
- What are Technical Reports?
- Find Technical Reports:
Atomic Energy Commission (AEC)
The library has microfiche copies of most technical reports issued by the AEC from 1946-1974. The microfiche are organized by report number. There is some overlap in coverage for AEC reports in the UA Library. Some duplicate print copies of these reports can be found in the Science-Engineering Library (5th floor - South) under the call number Y3.At7. [Note: many of these titles cannot be found in the UA library catalog.]
Information on technical reports issued after 1974 can be found under the corresponding agencies:
|1995-present||DOE Information Bridge (full-text reports online)|
|1977-present||Department of Energy (DOE)|
|1974-1977||Energy Research & Development Association (ERDA)|
|1946-1974||Atomic Energy Commission (AEC)|
Finding AEC Technical Report Numbers:
- To find AEC Report Numbers, one can search the Energy Citations Database .
- To find AEC Report Numbers, use the Nuclear Science Abstracts index (catalog record) published by the AEC from 1948-1976.
- There should also be a copy of the Nuclear Science Abstracts - Cumulative Report Number Index for 1947-1973 available on top of the DOE Microfiche Cabinets in the Science-Engineering Library.
Answering the following series of questions will guide you to finding AEC technical reports in the UA Library.
If you have an AEC report number for the technical report
- Use the report number to locate the technical report in the microfiche collection.
- The AEC, ERDA and DOE microfiche collections are located in appropriately labeled microfiche cabinets located in the Science-Engineering Library Current Periodicals and Microfiche room on the ground floor of the Science-Engineering Library.
Last modified: April 4, 2012