About WorldCat Local
- What does UA WorldCat Local include?
- What is not yet included?
- What else does UA WorldCat Local do?
- What is the difference between the "old" WorldCat and WorldCat Local?
- What other resources are available to me?
Search WorldCat Local
What does UA WorldCat Local include?
- Resources that are owned by University of Arizona libraries, including books, journals, DVDs, CDs, maps, musical scores, media, government publications and more.
- Links to online resources to which the UA Libraries provide access.
- Resources that are available from other libraries in Tucson and Arizona.
- Resources in libraries around the world.
- Over 700 million citations for articles included in the following sources:
- ArticleFirst (articles from a wide range of journals in all subjects)
- British Library Serials
- ERIC (education)
- MEDLINE (medicine and health)
- GPO (U.S. government publications).
- Elsevier article citations from ScienceDirect and Scopus
- JSTOR article citations
- OAIster (Open access union catalog of digital resources)
All of the above are included automatically when entering a search in the box on our homepage. Links are provided to help locate the articles in full-text. Further details on what is being searched are available from OCLC. (Note that these article citations are NOT included in the original FirstSearch version of WorldCat.)
- Searching of External Library Databases. You can also select additional library databases to be searched through WorldCat Local. To do this, click on "advanced search" below the search box. Just below "Select a database to search" click on the "Add / Remove databases" button, select any of the databases you want to search, then click the "Save Selections" button at the bottom. (Note that since these are external searches, results from them appear after all of the WorldCat Local resources listed above. Or you can click on the database name on the left side of your results page to view results only from that database.)
****Check back here for updates!****
|Type of Information:||Collections||Status:||To get this information, look in:|
|Citations and/or local information for:|
|Some local materials, such as UA theses from 1990 to 2005.
UA Library Catalog (for those not available online)
|Articles not listed in ArticleFirst, ERIC, Medline (PubMed), British Library Serials, GPO, JSTOR, ScienceDirect & Scopus (Elsevier articles only) and OAIster
NOTE: A few separate library databases can be searched with WorldCat Local. Click on Advanced Search, then on Add/Remove Databases, and select them.
|Databases listed under Article & Database Searching|
- Allows you to place holds or request materials through Interlibrary loan.
- Provides links to full-text content if UA Libraries subscribe to it.
- Contains user-contributed reviews, ratings and cover art for some items.
- Allows you to sign up for a free account to create personalized lists, bibliographies and to contribute reviews.
- Allows you to mark, save and email citations, or export individual citations or lists to RefWorks or EndNote.
- Provides links to Amazon or other third parties if you wish to purchase your own copies.
- Lets you choose the interface language: Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, or Spanish (at bottom of search pages).
- Available only to subscribing libraries and their customers
- The “original” OCLC union catalog of member library holdings
- Later added vendor records and content of RLIN’s RLG Catalog (the “other” union catalog that existed separately until 2007)
- More robust search capability
- Displays entire bibliographic records
- Does not include citations from article databases
- Open access – available free to anyone anywhere for searching
- Includes all of Firstsearch Worldcat’s content
- Groups similar records (different editions, formats, etc. of same titles) together in results. Must “view all editions and formats” for each result to see individual records and library holdings.
- Provides links for faceted browsing (by author, format, year, etc.) in left column
- Displays only selected data from bibliographic records
- Allows creation of public or private lists, and addition of reviews and tags from your free account.
- ALSO includes article and other metadata records from other databases (currently ArticleFirst, British Library Serials, ERIC, MEDLINE, GPO, Elsevier article citations from ScienceDirect and Scopus, JSTOR, OAIster.
- Can be searched with a limited number of other UA databases, which can be selected from the advanced search page. (This is only available to current UA affiliates.)
If you do not find what you need in UA WorldCat Local:
- Try the UA-only Library Catalog
- Consult the Subject Guides for information on finding articles for your topic
- Go to our complete list of available databases and select one appropriate for your topic
- Ask a Librarian
For more information about searching and using WorldCat Local, see:
Last modified: November 18, 2013