Once an item has been reported missing we:
- Mark the item missing
- Put a hold on it for the customer if requested
- Each item will be searched for 3 times
- The first time is the day after the item is reported missing.
- The second time is 1 week after the item is reported missing.
- The third time is 5 weeks after the the second search.
- If we do not find the item at this time it will be declared lost
- Every 6 months a list of items is sent to our technical processing team to be reviewed for either reorder or withdrawl.
- At any point during the process any item marked missing, on search, lost, lost & paid can be requested from interlibrary loan.
Last modified: July 6, 2011