Borrow & Request
Library late fees and replacement charges are structured to recover library costs associated with late, lost or damaged items.
- The tables below list the fees and charges applied to a customer’s account for late, lost or damaged materials.
- Charges for billed items will be reduced to the billing fee if the item is returned in working order.
- Hourly late fees begin accruing when item is 60 minutes past due.
|Type of Material:||Charge:|
|Recalled Items||$1.00 / day until billed for replacement at 15 days overdue|
|Equipment and Quiet Study Room Keys||$1.00 / hour until billed for replacement at 24 hours overdue|
|Interlibrary Loan Items||Billed for replacement at 10 days overdue|
|Books, Government Documents, Maps and Media Materials.||Billed for replacement at 22 days overdue|
|Bound Journals, Videos/DVDs, CDs, Music Phonodiscs, Music Collected Works.||$1.00 / day until billed for replacement at 6 days overdue|
Lost, Damaged and Replacement Fees
|Type of Material:||Replacement Fee Up to:||Processing Fee:||Billing Fee:||Total Charge Up to:|
|Book, media, maps, journals||$75.00||$40.00||$25.00||$140.00|
|Equipment Accessories & Room Keys||$100.00||$40.00||$25.00||$165.00|
- Replacement and damaged item fees may be charged up to the original value of the items plus processing costs. If you have questions or concerns about any fees, please contact us at 520-621-6442
- The University of Arizona may at its sole discretion utilize the services of an external collection agency or law firm to collect any remaining unpaid portion or balance owed on library fees and charges. The University of Arizona reserves the right to add all collection costs (including reasonable attorney fees) charged by an external collection agency for the collection of any amount not paid when due to the balance of any unpaid charges.
Last modified: December 15, 2015