Scholarly Communication - News & Events
- News & Events
- Open Access
- NIH Public Access Policy
- Data Management Resources
- Copyright Guide
News & Events
- (April 21, 2015) AHSL announced that they now subscribe to BMJ Case Reports for university affiliates. This subscription includes a waiver of Author Processing Charges (APCs) for campus authors wanting to publish there.
- (March 10, 2015) A spreadsheet tracking Federal agencies plans to comply with the 2013 OSTP memo requiring public access to the results of Federally funded research has been launched.
- (October 20, 2014) As part of Open Access Week, the University Libraries are sponsoring "Generation Open" with Erin McKiernan and Mark Hahnel.
- (March 26, 2014) The University Libraries and the Office of the Vice President for Research launched an Open Access Publishing Fund to support campus authors who want to publish in open access journals and have no other funding for Article Process Charges.
- (February 19, 2014) Stuart Shieber has posted a Model Open Access Journal Publishing Agreement on his blog today.
- (February 28, 2013) UA Libraries sponsor a lecture by Michael Nielsen, "Open Science: Accelerating the Pace of Scientific Discovery," today.
- (February 22, 2013) The White House Office of Science and Technology Policy announced a new policy requiring open access for publications resulting from Federally funded research. Details will be worked out over the next 6 months.
- (October 17, 2012) The Harvard Open Access released their report Good Practices for University Open Access Policies today.
- (February 27, 2012) Elsevier dropped their support for the Research Works Act. They followed this with a Letter to the Mathematics Community announcing a reduction in price for mathematics journals and other responses to the recent call for a boycott.
- (January 22, 2012) The Cost of Knowledge is launched as a web site for researchers to sign on to a boycott of Elsevier.
Last modified: April 21, 2015