Visit & Study
Scholarly Communication - News & Events
- News & Events
- Open Access
- NIH Public Access Policy
- UA Open Access Policy
- Data Management Resources
- Copyright Guide
News & Events
- (April 4, 2016) The UA Faculty Senate today passed a UA Open Access Policy in support of the broadest dissemination of faculty research.
- (March 24, 2016) Proposed UA Open Access Policy to be considered by UA Faculty Senate on April 4, 2016.
- (September 10, 2015) Open Access Week and University Press Week events at UA have been announced:
- Reception for ESOC 210, Hacking and Open Source Culture, Poster Presentations, Monday, October 19, 2015, 4:45 - 5:45 p.m. Main Library, 2nd Floor
- Discovery and Open Access to Spatial Data: Implementing the Spatial Data Explorer at the UA, Wednesday, October 21, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. Kiva Room Student Union Memorial Center
- Open Textbook Workshop, Friday, October 23, 2015, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. Special Collections 205, Main Library
- Getting Published: Unraveling the Journal Publishing Process, Wednesday, October 28, 2015 2:00 - 3:30 p.m. Kiva Room Student Union Memorial Center
- Getting Published: Unraveling the Book Publishing Process, Monday, November 9, 2015, 10:00 - 11:30 a.m., Location TBD
- (April 21, 2015) AHSL announced that they now subscribe to BMJ Case Reports for university affiliates. This subscription includes a waiver of Author Processing Charges (APCs) for campus authors wanting to publish there.
- (March 10, 2015) A spreadsheet tracking Federal agencies plans to comply with the 2013 OSTP memo requiring public access to the results of Federally funded research has been launched.
- (October 20, 2014) As part of Open Access Week, the University Libraries are sponsoring "Generation Open" with Erin McKiernan and Mark Hahnel.
- (March 26, 2014) The University Libraries and the Office of the Vice President for Research launched an Open Access Publishing Fund to support campus authors who want to publish in open access journals and have no other funding for Article Process Charges.
- (February 19, 2014) Stuart Shieber has posted a Model Open Access Journal Publishing Agreement on his blog today.
- (February 22, 2013) The White House Office of Science and Technology Policy announced a new policy requiring open access for publications resulting from Federally funded research. Details will be worked out over the next 6 months.
- (January 22, 2012) The Cost of Knowledge is launched as a web site for researchers to sign on to a boycott of Elsevier.
Last modified: May 26, 2016