For Distance Students & Faculty
Are you in an online program? A UA South student? Studying abroad?
For whatever reason, if you can’t make it to campus—don’t worry! We can still support all of your research needs.
Need a book?
Just because you don’t live near campus doesn’t mean you can’t access the millions of books through the library. We deliver!
Even if we don’t own a particular book, we can get it for you from another library.
The cost is $6 for the first book and $2 for each additional book, plus shipping and handling. This fee is waived for UA South students. (Be sure to include your shipping address in the note area of the request form.)
Need a book chapter or journal article?
Sometimes, you need an article that we don’t have access to online. Or maybe you’d like a specific book chapter. Either way, copies can be scanned and emailed to you directly, for free.
Other libraries, at your service
Live in Arizona? Registered UA students can check out print materials from ASU, NAU, and Pima Community College at no cost. Just bring your CatCard, photo id, and in some cases, proof of registration.
The best place to begin is at the library website, where an array of online resources is at your fingertips:
- article databases
- electronic journals (by title)
- ebooks (change format to "ebook")
- digital collections
All that is required to access our databases from off-campus is a NetID and password. If you have trouble, see Connecting from off campus.
Get research help, now
- Have a research question? We're here to help! Ask a Librarian.
- Polish your research skills: watch one of our online tutorials.
- Beginning a research project? Check out our subject guides for tips on finding discipline-specific journal articles, background research, and facts and figures.
- Narrow your research starting point even further: consult our course guides, tailor-made by librarians for specific UA courses.
Last modified: February 17, 2014