Library Video Contest
Thanks to everyone who submitted a video, and everyone who voted! Voting closed May 1st, 2013.
- 1st Place: Avin Shah for UA Library Video
- 2nd Place: Dylan Kearney and Symeon Platts for the University of Arizona Library
- Honorable Mentions: Edgar Thimgan and Maggie VanDop for The University of Arizona Library and Kaylah Rasmussen for Zombie College - Library
What are the prizes?
- 1st Place: $500 to UA BookStores
- 2nd Place: Two pairs of passes to The Loft Cult Classics series for everyone who contributed to the project - up to 5 students ($185 value)
Did you have fun?
Let us know if you enjoyed the contest!
These videos will be shown across campus in various library events to introduce new students to what the library has to offer.
Can I participate next time?
Yes, we are hoping to offer this contest again at the end of 2013. Stay tuned.
What are the rules?
All videos had to be:
- Produced by the video submitter(s) only
- Between 2-5 minutes in length
- Uploaded publicly to a website (YouTube, Vimeo, personal website, etc.)
- Decent for a broad audience
In the videos, at least 2 of the following had to be mentioned:
- Over 5 million books, over 1 million ebooks
- Study rooms (reservable, group study, quiet study, tech rooms)
- Ask a Librarian (research help)
- Equipment lending (laptops, netbooks, iPads, calculators, etc.)
- Laptop tables/workstations
- Fast charging stations
- Available software for architecture, graphics, GIS, math, stats, science and engineering
- Hours (24 hours during regular school week)
- Express Document Center (print, copy, scan)
- Online Research Lab (class on library research)
- Overhead book scanners
- Mobile website
- Library Tools tab in D2L
- 3 different libraries (Main, Science-Engineering, and Fine Arts) as well as Special Collections and the Center for Creative Photography
- Interlibrary loan, document delivery, and express retrieval
Any participants that were filmed had to have signed a UA Multimedia Release Form.
What if I have more questions?
Contact Nicole Pagowsky.
Last modified: May 6, 2013