Library Video Contest
Grab your video camera, get creative, and help us promote the library! Submit a video that introduces students to the library for the chance to win big.
The winning video will be used both on the library website and in orientations. Secure your claim to fame!
What do I win?
- 1st Place: $500 to UA BookStores
- 2nd Place: Two pairs of passes to The Loft Cult Classics series for everyone who contributed to the project - up to 5 students ($185 value)
What are the rules?
The video must be:
- Produced by the video submitter(s) only
- Between 2-5 minutes in length
- Uploaded publicly to a website (YouTube, Vimeo, personal website, etc.)
- Decent for a broad audience
- Related to our theme: Use Your Library. Contact Nicole for marketing graphics and copy to use in your video.
In the video, you must mention at least 2 of the following things about the library. Feel free to mention more, and mention things not on the list:
- Over 6 million books, over 1 million ebooks
- Study rooms (reservable, group study, quiet study, tech rooms)
- Ask a Librarian (research help)
- Equipment lending (laptops, netbooks, iPads, calculators, etc.)
- Fast charging stations
- Available software for architecture, graphics, GIS, math, stats, science and engineering
- Hours (24 hours during regular school week)
- Express Document Center (print, copy, scan)
- Overhead book scanners
- Library Tools tab in D2L
- 3 different libraries (Main, Science-Engineering, and Fine Arts) as well as Special Collections
- Interlibrary loan, document delivery, and express retrieval
Any participants filmed have to sign a UA Multimedia Release Form.
What if I want to make a video, but don't have a camera or video editing software?
Not a problem! Check out one of our three Sony HDR-CX290 digital camcorders, a tripod, and other A/V equipment for free. You can use video editing software on computers in the Multimedia Zone in the ILC.
How will the winner be determined?
Student votes (weighted at 30%), library staff vodes (30%), and votes from a selection committee of campus representatives (40%).
How do I submit?
Submit online. Deadline February 14, 2014.
When will we know the results?
We'll announce the winners on March 3, 2014.
What if I have more questions?
Contact Nicole Pagowsky with questions or to sign up for an information session about the contest.
Check out last year's winners for inspiration.
Last modified: October 14, 2013