Americas 2001 magazine was published from 1987 to 1988 twice a week by Los Angeles journalist Robert Rodriguez. This alternative magazine included articles in Spanish and English covering a variety of social issues. Its main audience was the Mexican American community.
Basta Ya! (Enough!) was a community bilingual newspaper published in San Francisco, California from 1969 to about 1973. The publisher was an organization called Los Siete de La Raza.
Boletín Oficial was published in Ures, Sonora, Mexico from 1876-1879, continuing the state-run newspaper, La Estrella de Occidente. Boletín Oficial was digitized from the “Fernando Pesqueira newspaper collection” on microfilm.
Coraje was published in Tucson, Arizona in 1969 as a monthly newspaper, chiefly in English, but also included some Spanish. The publisher was The Mexican American Liberation Committee which originated on the University of Arizona campus under the direction of Salomón R. Baldenegro.
El Fronterizo (1926 - 1929)
Another newspaper titled El Fronterizo was published in Tucson, Arizona from 1926 - 1929. It was published by E. V. Anaya and edited by Francisco L. Lopez in 1926, published by Carlos B. Bautista until November, 1928, and by S. Camacho from December 1928 through 1929.
Corazon de Aztlan
Corazon de Aztlan was published from 1981-1982 by journalist Roberto Rodriguez in Los Angeles, CA.
El Hijo de El Fronterizo
El Hijo de El Fronterizo was published as a continuation of El Fronterizo in Tucson, AZ starting in 1912, end date unknown.
El Independiente is a newspaper published by students in the University of Arizona Journalism Department. According to their website, it serves South Tucson and is the “only bilingual newspaper in the country that is produced by students in a real community on a regular basis.” El Independiente continues publication of South Tucson’s El Independiente. It has been published under the name El Independiente from 1985-1986, and 1988-present.
El Mosquito was published twice a week in Tucson, Arizona, from 1919-1925?
El Pueblo was published in Tucson, Arizona as a weekly newspaper in Spanish and English, from 1968-1969. The publisher was Old Pueblo Publishing Company and the members of
the editorial board included: Oscar D. Garcia, Ernesto V. Portillo, Oscar M. Araiza, and Albert M. Elias.
Hispano América was published weekly in San Francisco from 1918-1934, continuing the newspaper La Cronica.
La Constitución was published weekly in Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico, from 1880-1910. It continued the state-run newspaper Boletín Oficial. The newspaper was digitized from the “Fernando Pesqueira newspaper collection” on microfilm.
La Cronica was published in San Francisco 1914-1917, with a later title of Hispano América.
La Estrella de Occidente
La Estrella de Occidente was the official government newspaper of Sonora, Mexico and was published in Ures from 1855-1876. La Estrella de Occidente was digitized from the “Fernando Pesqueira newspaper collection” on microfilm.
La Prensa was published bimonthly in Berkeley, California from 1969-1970?, in Spanish and English. It was published by Thomas L. Berkley and edited by Abdon J. Ugarte.
La Raza was published by El Barrio Communications Project in Los Angeles, CA from 1967 to 1973. Primarily an English language publication, it included some Spanish language articles.
Regeneración a monthly magazine, though published irregularly, was published in Los Angeles from 1970. It is unclear how long it was published for.
South Tucson’s El Independiente
South Tucson’s El Independiente is a student-produced newspaper that began publication in 1976 at the University of Arizona Journalism Department. It was published under this name until 1984 and was continued by El Independiente. Because it is a student-run newspaper, the editors have varied over the years.
El Fronterizo (1882-1908)
El Fronterizo was published in Tucson, Arizona from 1878-1914 as a weekly Spanish-language newspaper. The editor was Carlos Velasco, who was the founder of the organization, Alianza Hispano-Americana.
El Fronterizo (1926 - 1929)
Another newspaper titled, El Fronterizo, was published in Tucson, Arizona from 1926-1929. It was published by E.V. Anaya and edited by Francisco L. Lopez in 1926, published by Carlos B. Bautista from 1927-November 1928, and by S. Camacho from December 1928-1929.
El Paso Morning Times (English)
El Paso Morning Times was published daily in El Paso, Texas from 1913-1918 in both English and Spanish by the El Paso Times Company.
El Paso Morning Times (Spanish)
El Paso Morning Times (Spanish) was published daily as the Spanish edition of the El Paso Morning Times in El Paso, Texas from 1914-1918. It was published in Spanish by the El Paso Times Company.
El Tucsonense was published in Tucson, Arizona from 1915-1959 as a Spanish-language newspaper. It was published twice a week from 1915-1919 and 1933-1956, three times a week from 1919-1933 and once a week from 1956-1959. The paper was founded and published by F.S. Moreno from 1915-1931. Rosa E. Moreno took over the reins and led the paper from 1933 to 1959 with Arturo E. Moreno serving as publisher from 1943-1959. Ricardo Fierro served as editor from 1928-1931, 1933-1934, and 1943-1959.